Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Princess

Salam.


Balqis Hannani - my little Princess, the Light of my Life.



DOB: 1/1/13 at Hosp Serdang. I was a HO in my fifth posting at that time.


FTSVD, BW 3.5kg. G6PD and cord TSH normal. BBG ?
(for those interested to know).



She's the first of a new generation who pushed everyone on the family tree up by one level.



The reason I look at teddy bears and dolls, previously just action figures.



The reason I look at dresses and headscarves, previously just T-shirts and jeans.



Sometimes, she looks like her mother.



At other times, she looks like her father.



Regardless of looks, I hope she expresses our good traits and suppresses our bad ones.



Regardless of traits, I pray she checks off all the developmental milestones at the right age.



Cruising - check. Walking independently - not yet.


She's the force nudging me to go to work everyday - to support this infantile nuclear family.



She's also the light beckoning me home after a hard day at work.



The moments we share, can't get enough of them.



Don't grow up so fast,




my little Princess.


* epic writer's block after a year starting MMed (Paeds); I'll do my best to write consistently

No comments: